Monday, March 28, 2011

I Think That All is Well

Been Here for a while now…

So, we’ve been here for over a month and I can’t say that I have fully grown use to the swing of things here. I can say that I am more use to the layout of the city. I haven’t gotten lost recently which is a great thing, I think but then again I’m only really going to palaces that I’ve been to before so there is no way I can get lost. My Greek has remained the same,I believe and that is mostly in part to the people. Whenever I try to ask a question or say anything in Greek to anyone, they know right away that I don’t speak Greek so they throw back some English at me. Personally I think it would be an odd conversation if I say something in Greek and they say something in English so I throw Greek back at them. I don’t usually know what to do then so I give up and talk to them in English because most of the time their English is better than my Greek. I can say that I have gotten used to the fact that I am here in foreign waters. I am used to the fact that when I walk up the narrow hills (my cafe muscles thank them for that) the words that I will hear are not English, and I no longer freak out about that. On the bright side of things I can identify some of the words in their conversations that I over hear which I call an accomplishment because before coming over here I was very worried about the whole different alphabet. The only real issue I’ve had with the langue is at the grocery stores and I’ve been navigating that pretty well now if I do say so myself. Well, I don’t believe I have much more on the subject of living here and if I don it I don’t know how to put it in words that sound non cliché so I’m signing off before things get bad.

-Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment